Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Time To Learn More Gooder English.....

For most of you that know me, you know that I have gone back to college. It has been more than 16 years since I have been in college. Let me tell you, life is sure different now than when I was in school. Most of the students are "typical" students, under the age of 20 and fresh out of high school. I am one of the "non-traditional" students. That means "old". When my fellow classmates were showing off their tattoos and piercings, I could only offer to show the recent school photos of my children. Although I got "oh cute" and "she looks just like you", I could tell they were not very interested.

I finished my first English class in December. I did very well (an A I might add) . I worked very hard for my grade. I was proud of my accomplishment. I put forth more effort in this class than I did my entire high school years. Yes, I will admit, in high school I was more interested in the next party that was brewing. Heading up the weekend "pit parties" was second nature to me. I am sure my parents knew all of this but just in case they didn't... now they do.

It wasn't and isn't easy going back to school after all these years. My previous worries of balancing family, friends, and time no longer concern me. I am working at my own pace and will strive for the best grade I can earn. I will start back in 4 days. I am eager, confident, and ready. Ready to learn!

My last goal is to convince LB that I need new school clothes and supplies. He isn't buying this one... guess I won't ask about Spring Break.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job Honey! I am very proud of you. I know I couldn't go back to school. It's hard work. You do it all. Maybe this year you can try out for the cheerleading squad. But seriously, you are really doing a great job. Keep up the hard work. The kids and I are rooting for you.
Love LB

Anonymous said...

So I hate to burst your bubble and all but....it should say Better English...must not have covered that in class huh???? :)

All joking aside.

Good going Delightful! I can't imagine going back to school after being out that long...you deserve kudos for that alone...plus getting an A! Your hard work is paying off in leaps and bounds!

And hey...what's wrong with going on spring break????

MajorDaughter said...

Good for you - I'm excited for you and this adventure in your life. Do your best.....the rest will be gravy! S's mum

delightful-d said...

Thank you all for your wonderful comments. It is nice to know I have my family and friends rooting for me.

I appreciate all your support.

Thanks again!

sweet treat said...

Maybe if you would have excepted my gift cert., you could have gotten a new shirt for school! j.k!

Well i am so proud of you going back to school! You are never too old for that! I'm sure you are going to do great!

About Me

My photo
I Love Life, I Love My Family, I Love Having FUN, I Love being ME! LIFE IS GOOD!!!