Sunday, July 08, 2007

Up North Beauty


This past weekend we took a short trip up to Bemidji. The weather was perfect for boating. My parents live on a beautiful private lake just outside of Bemidji. We took the pontoon out on Saturday and saw some spectacular scenery. The ducks and their babies, all the sunfish, and of course, the pair of loons and their cute little one. My Dad was able to capture this photo (which I think is rare) of the loon feeding her baby. These loons are very good parents. They keep the baby very close and don't like us or anything bothering them. An eagle circled around a few times when we were out on the lake, the loons were squawking up a storm to warn him off.


Thank you Dad for sharing your unique photo. We had a nice time with you and Mom.
** I am posting this on July 8th. Today my Grandpa Roy would have turned 99 years young. My Grandpa passed away 5 years ago. My Grandma Olive and all of us miss him greatly.

5 comments:

Dad Stuff said...

Seeing those loons was amazing. I had never seen a baby loon before. It was a beautiful day on the lake.

Ming the Merciless said...

cWhen I was growing up, "loon" means a whole different thing. That said, cool photo and description.

Steve Cuddihy said...

I stopped by to reply to your comment about my highway 61 photo....I read your latest post and this is interesting....my wife's family is from Bemidji.

We've taken many trips up there to visit relatives and escape the cities. Two of the aunts and uncles live on different lakes up there. I can't recall the names at the moment. They are both just outside of Bemidji.

My wife's uncle started Keith's Pizza [it's now owned by his two sons]. Her other uncle used to own Dave's Pizza, who purchased it from my wife's Grandpa Rudy.

Small world eh?

We were at Los Margarita's last Friday and we were looking at everyone to see if we recognized you and your family. We figure sooner or later, we'll bump into each other there.

Steve Cuddihy said...

My daughter was at a classmates birthday party on Friday. It was a 'High School Musical 2' birthday theme. When the party was over, her classmate Molly and her cousin dropped off my daughter. The two cousins were very polite, they wanted to see my daughters bedroom. So they looked around the house for a few minutes.

Wifey and I asked the girls a few questions about the party, my wife asked where the cousin where she was from, St Michaels was her reply. Asked her age, she was headed into kindergarten.

Coincidence?

melakaplanter said...

Thank you for your comment.

Your son created a great birthday song.

Cha...cha...cha...Happy birthday to you...

This guy should be very intelligent and romantic.

About Me

My photo
I Love Life, I Love My Family, I Love Having FUN, I Love being ME! LIFE IS GOOD!!!