Friday, June 08, 2007

93 - Peg and Ollie

This post is dedicated to 2 very special people in our lives. Grandma Ollie and Grandma Peg!

May I start out by wishing you both a very, very, Happy 93rd Birthday!

While dating LB, we were dining at the MOA (California Cafe to be exact), the discussion of our Grandparents came up. I was proudly telling LB about my Grandma Ollie. She is one of a kind! She is so special and dear to me. At the time, Grandma Ollie was turning 80. I mentioned my Grandma's big birthday to LB. His eyes lit up. "That is my Grandma's 80th birthday also"! One more detail we had in common! Our Grandma's shared the same EXACT birthday. They were both born in SD and later we found out that our Grandma's lived approximately 20 miles from each other. Back in 1914, to live twenty miles away from each other was far. That is probably why they had never met.

LB and I didn't date very long before we were married. Our wedding day was the day our Grandma's met each other (they had heard so much about one another). I can remember them hugging each other as if they had known each other for years.

These two beautiful ladies are now pen pals and friends! Grandma Peg still drives and plays bridge many times per week. I should say, she is the Bridge Queen (her name, the winner, is in the paper every week)! Grandma Ollie has been busy packing as she is moving into her new apartment. She will be close to her Church, which is a big part of her life, and near friends.

To you two wonderful ladies - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!
Thank you for being such a great influence in our lives, thank you for being the best Grandma's and best Great Grandma's in the world, thank you for your love! We love you both!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow. Nice post. I appreciate the birthdays of people older than me. Sometimes I feel old and I will only be 73.

Dad Stuff said...

I'm glad I met you when I did. It would have taken a long time to find someone else with a grandmother who had the same birthday as my grandmother.
Happy B-day. Grandma Ollie and Peg.

Ming the Merciless said...

Wow, what an amazing coincidence. Sounds like you and LB were meant to be together. :-)

melakaplanter said...

Dear my friend,

Good morning to you. Now is 8.30am at malaysia and I just reach office. I used to check my mail and blog before I start my daily work unless I go for field work.

Firstly, thanks for your comment on my sky juice article. It seem we need to pay for the sky juice.

The bottle water over Malaysia, we call as mineral bottle and it cost us around RM1.50 for 1.5 litres.

Wah...gasoline cost USD2.95 per gallon!!!! Really crazy....how to survive. Malaysia only cost RM1.92 per litres and we already claim it is very expensive.

Temperature is 90 degree....are you sure? 90 degree can kill a person.

OK>.....great to meet you. Are you LB's wife. Send my regards to him.

Bye.

Best regards
lai
http://ilmunidham.blogspot.com

About Me

My photo
I Love Life, I Love My Family, I Love Having FUN, I Love being ME! LIFE IS GOOD!!!