Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Como Zoo

" I just love him Mom............ can we get one?"

Emery's preschool class had their end of the year field trip. The class went to the Como Zoo in St. Paul. What a wonderful day!


The last time I visited Como Zoo was 3 years ago. As a matter of fact, a Dad from Ethan's class was reminding me of our trip 3 years ago. "Remember Dianne, it was cold, raining, and the zoo was under construction. The animals didn't come out and the kids were all complaining how they wanted to see some animals." I had forgotten most of those details. I only remember the rain and the bus ride home. This year, the trip was completely different. The weather was perfect and the bus ride was so much fun. I don't know who had more fun.... the Mom's or the kids! The pictures show our fun day!
I was told that with the remodeling of the zoo, it has attracted a lot more people. The zoo was clean and the animals looked well taken care of. I noticed how the patrons entering the zoo were so generous at the donation box. We made sure to add our share as we'd love to see this zoo for years to come. (as an extra bonus, I found some dollar bills near the giraffe exhibit - we donated that as we exited the zoo:)
We were able to view all of the animals in about 2 hours. We did spend extra time in the tropical gardens. It was interesting to see little mice running around in the lush grass. I wasn't sure if they were supposed to be in there but then I thought maybe the snakes feed on them. ?? The sloth was very interesting to watch. He (or she) actually climbed up the tree while we were watching below. It took him/her quite a long time to move just a few inches up the tree. Then he/she took a nap.


We were fortunate to see the seals being fed, have their teeth cleaned, and then perform a small show for us. I wish I could have taken a better photo of them swimming in their home but they were too quick for my eye!

Relaxin' in the sun. I don't blame these two oldies for relaxing. They both look like they deserve to relax .... don't they?


Not sure what this bird was called but I was very pleased with the pose it gave me. Beautiful bird I might add.

Polar Bears!

The polar bears were fun to watch. The larger one above, wanted to guard his cave while the smaller one below was pacing the lower part of their exhibit. I wasn't sure why it was pacing back and forth but it was fun for everyone to see his size and to listen to him growl.


All in all, it was a great day! I would recommend to take your family to the Como Zoo. Spend the entire day. Take many photos. Stop and have a picnic lunch. Enjoy the beautiful facility. Lastly, Enjoy and Treasure your time together!

Many thanks go out to the teachers for being so patient with the children. Thanks to the bus drivers also, they take their job very seriously. They made sure to keep us all safe even during the crazy traffic time.

3 comments:

Dad Stuff said...

What a fun trip. My favorite picture is of the three monkeys on the bus.

Darren said...

Clare's field trip is today.

Thanks for the comment on my blog. That place does look great; we're checking it out more.

I clicked over to your blog and while I was reading I knew I'd seen that boy with the beard somewhere. Then I clicked on the link to your husband's blog and put it all together.

Ming the Merciless said...

Nice photos. I love the one with the giraffe.

So did you get your daughter a pet giraffe??

About Me

My photo
I Love Life, I Love My Family, I Love Having FUN, I Love being ME! LIFE IS GOOD!!!